Wednesday, October 14, 2009

return of the orange jumpsuit

God reminded me of something today. If I feel conviction over something it is an indicator to me that that thing might have me in bondage. Picture me in an orange jumpsuit behind bars. God is revealing the reality of the bondage when I feel conviction. The conviction is not meant to convict me only. Rather, I can trust that the conviction is intended to propell me to repentance, to forgiveness and finally to freedom.

The only thing that would keep me imprisoned unnecessarily is my own pride. How foolish that would be! Today, the right and appropriate thing is to admit that I've been wrong and get out of that cell.

Do Not Love the World

15Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For everything in the world—the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.

1 John 2:15-17

2 comments:

mallory said...

I needed this...I'm in a jumpsuit as well. Mine might be black and white striped though, with a cannonball shackled to my ankle.

Sarah said...

Preach, sista! I needed to hear this verse like nobody's business! I am a material girl in the worst way.