Thursday, October 15, 2009

poverty barn

Many a night I've grown sleepy over a late fall edition. I've scoured final sales and pondered repainting my house to coordinate with clearance velvet trimmed roman shades. Two Christmases ago I called Tysons, Short Pump, and Fair Oaks all in search of the last Townhouse Doll house for Grace. I've folded down the seats in my car at 10 minutes till close to accommodate two bedside tables which I purchased with Christa's friends and family discount promo. I've actually considered $15 a piece faux twigs. Anyone??

And this is how they repay me.



Mending needed? This is all too much for the modern day Proverbs woman. I have a plethora of domestic demands already. The last thing I have time for is fixing my shams (insert not included, btw).



I told you I was reconsidering germaphobia. I realize this is somewhat horrifying. I assure you, H1N1 on a stuffed animal is far worse. I generally dislike stuffed animals, but have assuaged my disgust for Gracie's sake. If I must endure them, they should be germ free. Toni (snail), Mortimer(rat), Falaco(flamenco), Crone (hawk), Konako (pony), and others took a spin this afternoon. I ran it on heavy duty/hot instead of cold/gentle just to be sure. This is my reality. Did I tell you how glad I am that I'm going to bed tonight with those air drying near by?

"Sweetie, do you like my RACK?!"

Speaking of covenantal love, I'd like to close with a quote from a book I'm reading. It's titled, This Momentary Marriage.

"It is not your love that sustains the marriage, but from now on, the marriage that sustains your love." Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I'm sure feeling amorous now.

2 comments:

Megan said...

This animals look miserable on that rack. Good for you though. Right, inserts not included at PB, I found that out the hard way when purchasing pillows for a wedding gift. I felt stupid not giving them inserts but then it was so expensive!

Three, two, one Make-up time! You're fabulous don't be nervous, you'll impress. :)

Sarah said...

Don't worry...my RACK looks the same, only it contains Freddie the Firefly and Jaques the Peacock and now both squeakers are defunct. Try Dapple toy cleaner...I just bought the wipes and they are awesome.