Thursday, October 22, 2009

ROLL CALL

UPDATE!!! I'm SOO pleased with all my stalkers! 9 comments before 2:00 Friday!!


I consistently get 5 comments or less per post. This is sad in light of the average 53 people who visit my blog daily. 374 this week! I have enabled anyone to comment on this blog. It's time for a roll call! No condemnation. Lurkers, make your presence known!

Oregon, New Jersey, North Carolina, Alabama, Texas, Wyoming, Georgia, Arizona, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Nevada, Virginia, Mississippi, Washington D.C., Florida, California and Australia! Let's hear it.

Do we know each other? If so, how?

EX: Yes. I am your sister.

Maybe we don't really know each other, but have we ever met?

EX: Yes, I met you at church and you keep acting like you don't remember. (I'm SO sorry, this is entirely my ADD ways)

Do we have a mutual friend or acquaintance?

EX: I'm friends with your old roommate.
EX: I'm friends with your sister's old roommate.

If the answer is no to all three, do we have something in common?

EX: Yes, I need bleach to be blonde too.
EX: Yes, I'm smitten over my own handsome baby boy.
EX: Yes, I'll put creme cheese icing on icecream.
EX: Yes, I love God's Word.

35 comments:

mallory said...

Hi, I'm Mallory...need I say more??? I like this Roll Call idea...hopefully all the lurkers will de-lurk today! Don't be afraid lurkers, we are all flattered when people we don't know read our blog so come on out!

diane boucher said...

Hi Jaime! I faithfully read your blog! You know how you know me... I knew Mark first.. then you... love your blog.. don't be discouraged .. keep writing! love you! oh! and PS...i DO love God's Word right along with you!

Anna said...

1. No
2. No
3. No
4. PTL for cream cheese icing!

Louise said...

I'm Louise--we seem to run into each other often on Sunday mornings and Tuesdays nights. Very odd. I love reading this, so please keep on writing. You are inspirational and funny and so real. Thank goodness for this blog when you make the trip north... (sniff, sniff!)

Kristie said...

Total blogstalker here. I'm Kristie, I found you through the Beth More "No Other Gods" online Bible study last summer. I live in Taiwan now (my husband is in seminary here), but I graduated from UVA ('03) and lived in C'ville before coming here. I am a recovering foil-aholic (asian stylists fry my hair), am smitten by my handsome baby boy, and detest stuffed animals.

Unknown said...

Hi Jamie!! I know you from high school...and I am a little bit of a blogstalker!

Amy said...

Total blog stalker... I don't know if you remember me or not, I was Heather's college roommate at JMU so we met at Scott and Heather's wedding. I think I got your blog address from her blog once and checked it out so I still check in from time to time! Never have much time to comment because one of my twins is usually pulling a lamp off a table or climbing over the sofa, but I'll try to make effort to comment ;)

Anonymous said...

lurker/blog stalker. Friend of a friend. Need to bleach to be (fully) blonde too. Totally smitten with my baby too. Love God's word. And you are hilarious, real, and humble!

Laura Sims said...

It's Gatz!!! I would have commented weeks ago when I found your blog but this whole "blogging" thing is new to me so I never knew I could comment! Admitting that makes me feel like my mother who can barely turn on her computer without a notecard containing detailed instructions! I love hearing all about your family and seeing pictures! Reading your funny posts makes me think of all those mornings stuck in traffic with you going to Cynia when our humor was what kept us from going insane! Miss you!!!

Jaime said...

Gatz! I've missed you!! You need to get a blog. Mark and I both clicked on "hot blonde in the kitchen" hoping it was you. His pastor accountability software has now been flagged. Thanks a lot! :) We love you!!

Megan said...

Bahahahaha! This is hilarious! Of course you would do this. :) Enjoy your 10 comments and counting!

Anonymous said...

I went to Elementary, Middle and High School with you. I enjoy hearing about how you and your family enjoy life and each other. Keep writing!!! Best, Daryl

Carrie said...

Same as Amy - total blog stalker. Also a friend of Heather's from JMU. I have a 4 year old daughter and a 2 month old son so I feel like I can check your blog and see what my kids will be up to in the coming months.

Hope you don't mind.

Laura Sims said...

Haha - hot blonde in the kitchen is my friend Krista (she is married to Kevin Gallagher from high school). She is an amazing cook and since I am so horrible I read her blog in hopes that something will rub off on me! I miss you guys too - I need to come to C'vile! I don't have a blog. I guess I feel like without kids I don't know what I'd blog about. I don't know that anyone would read a blog about my job, going to the gym, or my obessive compulsive organizing habits :-) Send my love to those adorable babies!

www.40checklist.blogspot.com said...

Definate blog stalker. I actually found your blog after looking at my sister in laws blog. Here's the chain... Jenny collins, Meagan Daubert, you. Meagan does know that I stalk her blog, but I have to admit to stalking mallory's as well. I do really enjoy reading as I have a daughter 13 months and I love your parenting style and your unbelievable faith. Keep writing!

Lauren said...

Don't know you IRL.

Never met IRL.

Don't have any friends who are the same.

In common? Beautiful little girls, and delicious baby boys of course.

Anonymous said...

Australia checking in.. Total blogstalker - 1.No 2.No 3.No - Found your blog through a friend. Need bleach to be blonde and have two young girls. Keep it up - your blog is great.

pheather said...

Hi, Jaime! I am also a friend of Heather's. Scott and my hubby went to pilot training together. I love to read blogs and found yours from her site. I love your writing - you're hysterical! And our boys are just about the same age so I enjoy hearing how things are going with your baby. He's MUCH more easy-going than mine! I try not to be too jealous. :) Thanks for letting me lurk!
Heather

Heather and Scott said...

Goodness, a number of my friends like your blog :) Too funny! I'm hoping you know who I am :)

The Hansens said...

Alison Baird, now Hansen, checking in. I believe we met at least once at Portico before I moved up to Arlington this summer. I came across your blog through Mallory's. I agree with the people who wrote before me. I keep coming back because I love your faith, humor, & humility.

I'm Erin. said...

no.
no.
yes.
She might not admit to it, but Heather is my friend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie! This is a great idea. Lauren and I were just talking about your blog this morning - we were saying we can't keep up! It's so impressive how much you write. And she was saying she made your pumpkin bars. :-)
And to be official - I met you through Mark in high school.

Katie said...

Blogstalker 100%. We have Northern Virginia and dark roots in common, and I wish I still lived in Cville. Your writing is funny and inspiring, so I'm coming out of the woodwork to say thanks :)

Rachel said...

1. no
2. no
3. not really, somehow I found mallory's blog and checked out some of the blogs to followed to find the ones I liked reading. you're hilarious and real, so I keep reading :-)
4. I don't have kids, but I'm 10 weeks pregnant and already in love with my child! Oh and you are frugal, yet classy with the things you buy.

AndyandLex said...

Hi J - faithful blog follower. Know you from JMU Into Hymn - lala ladies!! - and love following updates on your beautiful growing family! I'm trying to be a more faithful blog writer myself...but you know, that thing called motherhood..and wifehood...and life..and and SWINE FLU (pray for me - just found out I have it and Im 8 months! :(

anna said...

You are world-famous. Literally. It's me...mom to a puff-ball hair two year old. Keep writing sister! And I am going to invite myself to your house soon. Promise. I am not only a blog stalker, but a house stalker too. hehe.

Sarah said...

No lurker here...faithful commenter kindred from the bush. At least you get SOME comments...you are the only one that comments on my blog ;) love you!

Catherine said...

I graduated from UVA a few years ago and attended Portico in its early days. I now live in Alabama. You are such an inspiration as a Christian wife and mother.

The Nolls said...

This is a great idea! I am Sara-Beth Noll and I have never met you (at least I don't think I have). I started checking your blog once in a while last year when a mutual friend of mine and Alexe Weymouth recommended I link from hers to yours. I also graduated from JMU (in 05) and now my little brother at UVA has been really blessed through Portico. We were living in Japan (so you may have had some hits from there) and now we live in FL so my husband can go to seminary and our 3 girls and I can play in the sun. I love your blog, and stop over when i have time for a good laugh and to be challenged! Thanks for keeping it up. I am excited about how the Lord is working in your family. I can't wait to see how he continues to lead you.

Alissa said...

I love stalking you from over the mountain. I love getting my campbell fix through your blog. I always relate to your daily adventures and love that God speaks through you directly to me! We need to get together in Waynesboro before you up and move to Nova.

Esther Diehl said...

I've come to you through Mallory. We went to the same high school and I attended UVa as well. I went to Portico a few times when it was at STAB.

And I love that cow themed infant seat. Bookmarking for future reference!

Auntie Mocha said...

Hi Jamie,
I'm a blog stalker! I love to see family pictures and hear stories about your precious babies....I also find your attraction to bargain shopping to be quite
entertaining.
Lots of Love

Sonya said...

hi-sorry, i'm all late. blogstalker here. let me explain: a friend of mine's blog links to this other blog i follow who links to mallory who i don't know either but like her blog as well and she links to you. crazy the web we weave & blogstalkerdom. not sure how i get anything done going from blog to blog all day. we don't know each other, but love your blogs & your faith-very inspiring! i am seeking a more active & faithful relationship with God and have found your blog entries help to point me in the right direction--so thanks for that :)

Stephanie said...

I haven't checked your blog lately, but I'm Stephanie. And I'm a lurker :) But I'm friends with Heather via crazy AF life and you can lurk (or comment! I love comments!) on my blog anytime at sjwrock.blogspot.com. I think your faith is inspiring (like my good friend Heather), but to be really honest I find your retail skills equally enthralling.

Cami said...

It's been 9 months since you posted this post, but I just came across your blog (via your FB page, via Mark's FB page), so I figured I comment.

I'm Cami - have known the Campbell's for a heap of years - mostly Mark - through BCC. Went to high school with Heather... We might have met at a Portico launch function at BCC 5 years ago.

Am enjoying your blog...starting in the middle, should star at the very beginning, I suspect.