
Did I tell you that I'm a makeup artist? For as long as I remember, I remember makeup. I could win a blind-folded makeup product identification test based on smell only. I'm just that good ya'll. Thanks to a random add on Craig's List (I know!)I recently gained the privilege of getting to work with a local spa in town. Independent contractor extrodinaire!
My first wedding was last weekend. Black liner inside the waterline at 6:30 am people. Sting-a-thon. I got the baby nursed and the patent leather platforms on by 7:00am. I was out the door before the sun with my random bowling bag of product. The wedding was 30 minutes away, close to Wintergreen, and the ceremony was scheduled for 11:00AM. While enroute, I busted out the Sing Over Me soundtrack and lifted up my hands asking the Lord to equip me for the very good work of making this bride beautiful. I reminded Him that it was His specialty after all.
The location was straight out of a movie. White plantation on a hill, 176 acres of countryside, complete with outbuildings, and breathtaking vistas, pre-dating the Civil War. Why not? I rap upon the front door. Totally still. Why wouldn't they all be sound asleep? The wedding started at 11:00. GET UP!!! It was already time to reapply my gloss.
I skillfully avoided sinking into the ground as I sped through the dew saturated leaves and grass to an alternate entrance. The mud room door was unlocked. I'm sure this is the right place...right? I see this.

Standing there among the antiques was the bride, bless her heart. Whispering, she creaked about the kitchen, brewing a pot of coffee and attempted to wake the mother-in-law. Mother-in-law, jammies on, rounds the corner and assures me that she is ready to go.
Over-thinker that I am I cannot begin to regurgitate all the many details that I took in. Feast for the senses to be sure. Praise His Name, I got, COUNT THEM, 1-2-3-4-5-6, faces polished and perfected prior to 10:30 AM. Everyone was delighted. As soon as I get pictures (they are honeymooning in Greece, of course) I'll share. I did manage to snap some inconspicious, irrational pics with my iphone when no one was looking.





Do you not love it? While I'm at it, I'd like to give an extra special shout out to the MOH who brought me some coffee. I love this job.

1 comment:
Love this post! Glad the job went well - those are some tough conditions (with the time of day being the worst!)
Post a Comment