Monday, October 26, 2009

collateral damage

I have a deep love for all of you who chose to comment on the roll call. Way to represent. For the three hundred of you who chose not to, I can relate. I had an opporunity recently to respond to a roll call on babybangs and didn't. No particular reason, just didn't. So regardless, all are welcome at CampbellCrazies.

Life has been mighty serious these days. With a house on the market, a church in the making, children who need tending and a marriage needing maintaing (and occasional mending) I am left very much in need of some gospel preaching. So here is my thought for the day.

It is not just the presence of conflict that can be relationally damaging to our kids. But also, the absence of intentional affection. Going about daily life relatively well is not enough to convey to our kids what a Christ-centered Godly marriage should look like. If our marriage is to mirror the gospel then it should posses radical passion and intentional pursuing from both persons. It's not okay to just get along. Ouch. May God restrict and redeem the collateral damage that results from cordial co-existing.

4 comments:

Laura Sims said...

Are you moving back to NOVA????

Hotlanta Hausfrau said...

Preach it Stister! I think I might make this one a magnet- so true.

Amy said...

We need to work on this for sure. With a 3.5 year old and two 22 month olds, we pretty much always find ourselves just trying to make it through the day getting everyone fed, without anyone getting hurt and the house looking somewhat presentable should someone show up. We definitely need to start to take more time for each other- even if it does mean that Molly is pulling over a lamp and Michael is sitting in the middle of the kitchen table in the process (that really happened the other day).

Jen Stokes said...

Love, LOVE this picture of Grace at the door!