Wednesday, April 15, 2009

you know you love this blog

I am continually amazed that anyone ever reads this blog. I mean that completely sincerely. I am a very strange person as it turns out. Evidence abounds. Here are some recent pictures of my whereabouts and doings of randomness.





Best Texas Sheet Cake of your life. The recipe was provided by one of my beloved community group sisters! Thanks, Jen!



La Cocina Del Sol, ya'll. This group of Jesus loving ladies closed down the place. I could eat Mexican every day. They shut off the light when we left. We had a complete blast, laughed our heads off, and are not too old to be planning our next get together...a sleepover, of course. We missed you, Louise and Ruth!







On the way back from Greenwood, SC for grandpa's funeral we stopped to get gas and I insisted on washing the windsheild. I hate when it is splatted and speckled. Mark thinks it is ridiculous and thus snapped an entire album of me with the sqwegee. We also recently traded in the CRV and got a little bit bigger car to tow Grace, boy Campbell and the dog. We got an amazing deal thanks to USAA's car buying services. If you are fortunate enough to be a USAA member, be sure to use their service next time you need a car. My sister tells me their home buying service is equally fabu. Gotta love the military.

Speaking of which, did anyone else love that song that Trace Adkins sang at the ACM awards? You can download the live version on itunes. I also downloaded Ladies Love Country Boys and the Badonkadonk song. You just have to like those songs.




We added an Asian to the mix!! We love you, Trang! All four of us are within a month of each other. There was concern that my shirt did not adequately expose my belly and that is what the one picture depicts. Sarah is expected boy Calder Watkins on April 29th, Trang is expecting baby Faith on May 3rd or 4th I think, Annie is expecting Isacc on June 11th, and baby John is due June 5th. It was a glorious day, two Friday's ago, and we feasted on grilled chicken over mixed greens balsalmic with toasted pecans, warm Sister Schuberts rolls, and the sheet cake listed above. We chatted about everything from our spiritual lives to those "cleansing bottles" they give you at the hospital post partum. Mark lasted about 45 minutes in the house before fleeing. The fourth belly was a bit too much to handle.




Why wouldn't I risk preterm labor on some unruly vineage that PAINS ME. This embankment has been haunting us for years now. We loathe it. I think I took the nesting instinct a bit too far and began ruthlessly tearing into it yesterday in the rain no less. Picture the sight. Make sure you picture me in Mark's old denim colored Nautica high water sweatpants and an oversized Carolina sweatshirt, high pony tail, no makeup. DISASTER. The worm was only fitting at that point. Grace was entertained for hours, yes hours, while mommy heaved and hauled the vines away.

I hate to conclude with the earthworm, but sadly no Easter pictures were taken of my darling four year old. I am going to stage some this week if the rain ever quits. Tragic. Mark is in the process of fundraising for our new digital Canon SLR. Indeed.

No time to re-read, not that it would help.

6 comments:

mallory said...

I'm really not sure where to start. There was so much substance to this post! I'll start with saying I love me a good sheetcake. Thanks for posting this recipe. I'm speechless with delight at the pictures of you cleaning the windshield, and congrats on the new car! That's awesome. Loved the pics of the fab preggo four. That's all I can remember. Keep the posts coming!

christa said...

it has been a random week+ for you but mostly looks like fun (except for the windshield wiping and weeds.) I recognize Jen in your Cocina del Sol pic - who are the other lovely ladies?

Laura said...

Yay I'm so glad I found your blog! You are too funny with that windshield washing so focused and intense. Can't wait for the sleepover with you wild women who close down the Cocina!

AndyandLex said...

Great post J. Very funny and what a JOY to see all those beautiful round bellies side-by-side. What a little kingdom of warriors is soon to be born...praise Him!

Thanks for finding Lallie Beth's LallieDoll. She is much missed around here! Our address for her safe return: 2340 Valencia Dr., Hendersonville, NC 28791

Only a couple more weeks til Mr. John makes his debut...okay, months, but still....excited none the less!

XX

Megan said...

Beautiful. I followed your thoughts. Probably because I am in a current state of overload and can easily relate scattered brain to scattered brain. I want some cake.

Haley said...

I think this post is one of my favorites!:) Only thing missing - a picture of GRACE! We need them:)