Tuesday, April 7, 2009

heavy hearted

Grace and I finished the day off today at morningside assisted living. Our beloved community group rallied together in order to be a blessing to some elderly people in our area. It went well, I suppose. Mark did not go with us tonight. An hour or so before we were slated to be there his grandfather passed away. Needless to say, the last place he wanted to be was an assisted living center. The funeral is scheduled for this weekend. This will be such a complex week for us. Sweet Gracie will be twirling about filled with all the joy and delight of Easter Sunday, while funeral plans are being shared. Grace has been pining away over her Easter dress, basket, etc. for weeks now. We feel blessed to be able to comfort family this week, though we will greatly miss Easter at Portico. I'm so glad that Jesus is not confined to a time or a place. We are asking to sense His presence with us all week long.

May you and your family have a blessed Easter. Sunday is coming!!!



2 comments:

christa said...

How sweet! I bet they were delighted by Grace's spunk and pigtails!

Sorry to hear about Mark's granddad. Let me know if you need anything!

mallory said...

Those pictures of you and Gracie helping with the easter eggs are precious. I'm so sorry to hear about the sad news. I'll be praying for you guys.