A blog can be helpful to the sluggish. The Lord has been asking me to deliberately memorize scripture for, I'm not kidding, literally years now. I cannot believe that He has been so patient. In my natural ability I am terrible at self-discipline. It takes a lot for me to commit to something and follow through. So, I'm enlisting my own help with blog-accountability. You post it, you own it.
Here goes:
"But it shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many." Mark 10:43-45 ESV
My memory helps:
great-servant
first-slave
Jesus serves
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Your post deserves great admiration. I strive to be like you. But it is unclear how your faithful blogg-readers are suppose to comment. Would you like us to quote our own memory verses here, too? Allow me
"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1
Memory helps:
easiest verse to remember
I'm totally kidding :) I love your scriptural posts. I was ashamed to blog about cucumbers after reading yours, but my spiritual life is basically suffering like a cucumber.
Not just one verse, but three! Way to be an over-achiever siesta! I support your memorizing initiatives!
Post a Comment