Monday, April 20, 2009

cluster

Trace Adkins has taken over the Campbell household. Grace just yelled to Mark that she had gone poo-poo from upstairs indicating that she needed assistance wiping. Mark, of course, affectionately began to sing the chorus of the Trace Adkins song, You're gonna miss this. One of the things we are hoping to do is to write Grace a letter before John is born telling her all the things that we have loved and enjoyed about her over the last four years. I'm thinking the call for a wipe just might make it in.

Here is another ham-hock leg photo to add to my prideful self-loathing.



The ironic thing is that this was taken with the intention of taunting my sister with my fabulous reality at the time. Our gym has a roof top deck with an infinity pool. It is heavenly to sit up there. I fully plan on utalizing the 2 hour child care that accompanies a trip. I probably don't need to tell you that I've given up on the elliptical for the next six weeks till boy Campbell is born. Brown fat is prettier than white fat and so I shall park my dead weights poolside.





TJMAX pulls through yet again. I managed to procure a Petunia Pickle Bottom sling for $29.99, and a Macclaren stroller for $79.99. The sling alone retails for $91.00. The stroller is usually $115.00. I never used a sling with Grace, but for $29.99 I'm willing to try it out this go round. Here is the sling stretched out.



The stroller is a total non-essential. I have a rickety umbrella stroller, but this glorified version proves lighter, nicer, and it came with a rain cover. I mean, seriously. How would I have gotten by without that? The foam handles make maneuvering Bath and Body Works a piece of cake. Did someone just say cake? Anyway, speaking of the Bath and Body, you see another indulgence above. Liz and I were commenting why it is that you become a mom and then have trouble justifying pajama purchases. This set is to pack in my bag for the hospital. It is sobering when it occurs to you that NONE of your pajamas are suitable for public viewing. To my husbands disappointment perhaps, the reason is not because they are inappropriate for the right reasons. They are inappropriate for all the wrong reasons. Stains, holes, mismatched, ghetto. Most of the things in my drawer I've been wearing since college. Tragic. SO, I'm very pleased that I now have a coordinated, washed in Method Sqweeky Clean Baby wash set, folded and ready to pack for the hospital. Cause you know the doctors and nurses really care.

So we cut down a tree in our front yard. The vine bed was not enough for me, clearly. I needed to use a chain saw, a borrowed truck and some man power to further improve the landscape. I'm waiting on the weather to clear but have intention to lay some seed starter over the bare areas this week.




Last, and certainly least, is my PATHETIC lilac bush. The first year we moved in it was covered in blooms. This year, our tree is suffering. There seems to be no cure. If anyone knows anything about lilac bloom booster, please pass along the info. If you can't tell, there is one bloom cluster at the top.


1 comment:

Megan said...

You will have to take me on a trip to the MAXX when I have baby. I can find a good pair of jeans, but you have a gift for the goods.