Friday, October 31, 2008

i love a sesame bagel with plain creme cheese

I always feel the need to redeem previous posts.

I got a topiary today from Harris Teeter. It might as well have been ordered from a Williams Sonoma catalog. Originally priced at $36.99, I got it for $8.66. I have no idea where they get these prices, but regardless it was a steal. While checking out the woman behind me exclaimed, "Was that topiary with the Halloween markdowns?!" "Yes!" I replied with joy. You know it's worth it if someone is willing to get out of the "short" lane at Harris Teeter Barracks road on a Friday at 3:00 in order to hopefully nab one of the few remaining marked down topiaries. I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Grace had a parent observation day today at dance class. It was almost too fabulous to take in. She was so stinking adorable. However, on a random side note... I've noticed that this dance studio has earned the buisness of several trendy upper-class cville families. Granted, the classes and instruction are fabu, but the studio itself is totally rundown, ya'll. The carpet needs replacing. The tile floors in the bathroom are filthy. The paper towel dispenser is rusty. The picture frames are dusty. The chairs in the waiting area are dusty blue, scratchy polyester, that look as though they came from an early 90's event and conference center. It is such a clash of realities to see the Petunia pickle bottom diaper bags slung onto these chairs. I don't get it. I guess the owner has a corner on the dance market and can maintain her income without having to invest in decent asthetics. I'm over it, but it initially pained me.

Tonight was Halloween. Pictures will be available very soon. Nana and Papa came over, as did the Dickersons and we enjoyed filet, garlic red-skin mash, pencil thin asparagus, olive oil bread, apple-pie, hot chocolate and ice cream. We sat out front with a blazing chimanea, wrapped ourselves in quilts and spilt a few Coronas on the driveway. It was just lovely. Christa blessed us with her artisan pumpkin carving ways, and Beau kept us entertained with his unintentional Dwight-isms. Despite Grace being over-loaded with candy and needing a good spanking by the end of the evening, we made out alright. She was so adorable, of course.

Before dinner my skin was so dry and itchy I decided it would be a good idea to utilize my Walmart rosemary peppermint foot scrub toward an all-over body exfoliation. You know, it really wasn't that bad. I closed my eyes and tried to imagine I was in the spa at the Ritz getting an aromatherapy sugar glow. The shards of pumice and menthol ushered me into that holistic tranquility just fine I must say. This is not an indication that my standards are slipping. It's just the fact that a tub of sugar scrub from Bath and Body can never be purchased with a coupon and always seems to be over $18. Is anyone else bothered by this? I am thankful for my vivid imagination which can transform and/or deny reality at times.

I have been recently obsessed with sesame bagel's and plain creme cheese. I have gained like 5lbs over them. I have at least 2 every day. It's out of control and yet totally intentional. I can't seem to get enough of them.

I'm sorry I've wasted your time with such a random and non-uplifting post. These are the random things that fly through my brain.

3 comments:

Haley said...

I like the random:)

I can't wait to see Gracie Halloween pictures!!! YAY!

mallory said...

Your Halloween feast left my mouth watering! We were total copy-cats this year and had our chimenea on the front porch with the Dauberts. Such a fun idea. We missed seeing Gracie all dressed up!

I know what you mean about the dance place. It sounds like you need to offer your aesthetic expertise to this woman and give her studio a makeover...for the right price of course :) Maybe then you could buy yourself some B&BW scrub sans coupon.

Until then...come to CVS with me and use ECBS (they print out immediately with your receipt).

Megan said...

I laughed so hard at when you apologized for wasting our time with your random post- when I read that sentence Michael asked me what I was doing and I was like "...uh, reading about Jaime's topiary?"

For the record, I love to read your thoughts and do not think that it's a waste of time. No matter how silly it is.