Friday, October 10, 2008

Nothing to do with it

Confession: Today at the gym I was scanning through the t.v. channels on the mini screen that is attached to my precor elliptical machine. I really wanted to watch a baby story on TLC, and paused momentarily on that channel, but wisely/pridefully returned to Fox News. Some random women's contractions would have distracted me far better than the dropping (or was it rising?) Dow, but I was just too embarrassed to openly proclaim that to all the weight lifters behind me. Like they care.

Mark and I are convinced that America is still the best nation on earth. Thank you, Sean Hannity. SO, we are refinancing with cash out. Our interest rate was super low, so we won't see much of a change in our monthly payment. We are in the process of deciding weather a Pottery Barn farmhouse bed, or a new hvac would be best. How do you really prioritize those? My flesh crys out for a matlasse duvet drapped over an espresso stained post.

Major update: Wednesday the clown car departed the 201 at 5:45 and headed down to Raleigh, N.C. for a church planting regional event with A29. We stopped at the Buck's in Richmond and I got two breakfast items. I really didn't feel as bad about that as I should have. Their old-fashioned cake doughnuts will change your life. When we finally got to Vintage, Portico's band had the honor of leading worship for the deal. It is so funny to go to these events. Every A29 guy looks like the next. Vintage 21 resembled Portico as well. Concrete floors, earth tones, exposed beams, etc. One thing, though, I was so thankful for, was our parking situation compared to theirs. They are literally in the heart of downtown and as far as I could tell you have to park blocks away. I was totally imagining a curbside baby bjorn service for families. The worship rocked and the speakers proved gospel centered. Elliott Grudem looked nothing as I imagined. Sadly, I had slept through some of his talk. Can you imagine? I was discreet, don't worry. Going to bed at midnight, and banking on an iphone for a wake up calls equates to not sleeping at all. I was completely a shell. Sad. Dinner out was so good. I ordered pork nachos. Did not disappoint. Stay tuned for a video that Mark is making on A29. I'll try to post it to my blog.



I returned Gracie's halloween costume. I was afraid she would be cold. It was a lady-bug tutu ensemble that could not accomdate the wearing of sweats or a black turtleneck. I exchanged the costume for a chocolate brown Ralph Lauren barn coat, so it was fine. I'm guessing she will only end up wearing some sort of headband thing.

I'm tired, now. I hope you get a kick out of this photo of my gorgeous husband. Evidently, by the way, the Dollar General refuses to carry any product that is all-natural.


2 comments:

christa said...

My favorite work out 'show' is the Golden Girls. Yes - makes 'a baby story' look like Fox News...

mallory said...

Watching fox news at the ACAC probably garnered as much judgement as watching "A Baby Story". There is ONE and i mean ONE McCain/Palin yard sign in our whole entire neighborhood out of the hundreds of Obama signs. Sadness.