Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Let's not get hasty

My, My. I sense that my handful of readers felt my last post was more of a snip than a snipet. If ya'll keep insisting on a perfected future version of me than I just don't know what I'll do. I must remain transparent. Deal with it, siestas.

Hum. So what to blog about? Well, on a superficial note, we got a new stainless steel refrigerator, stove and microwave today. They were supposed to deliver yesterday and dropped the ball, so we scored a customer service induced upgrade to the GE Profile line for our microwave. It is a convection microwave. Supposedly I could cook steak in it. Although delighted and thankful for the upgrade, I doubt that I will actually ever cook steak in a microwave, or any other main dish for that matter. I am completely in the tank over healthful, organic, and all-natural foods. Sometimes microwaves creep me out. I totally buy the cancer causing hype, and try to limit my re-heats to java and popcorn only.





Mark is at small group right now. I felt wretched tonight so I didn't go. Grace was being a pill and not feeling well herself after 24 hours spent at Gigi's house, and I really didn't think we could muster the energy to go. I rarely ever miss and struggle with giving myself a break over things like this. I need to let it go and not be so self-condemning.

Some of you may remember my mineral mocking ways. WELL, I've actually come to embrace the mineral makeup for gym days. It takes me the same amount of time as my regular makeup, and I look half as nice, but more natural. I would feel silly at the gym with a full face of base, so the minerals is more culturally appropriate. I had tried a Physicians Formula version at one time, and I am using the MK now. The MK definitely has more coverage, which I appreciate.

AND, I've been using an airbrush self-tanner in DEEP of all shades and I love it. It is a non-rub formula and dries almost instantly. One puff to the face every 3 days and I maintain golden brown color. I have never been more pleased with a self-tanner. No odor too! (it bothers me to write that, but you know what I mean) I didn't intentionally purchase the deep, and remarkably it isn't too navajo.


4 comments:

Hotlanta Hausfrau said...

Explain the sickness- I'm ON to you.

Heather and Scott said...

We have a convection microwave too...so if you learn how to cook anything (other than popcorn and reheats, which is all we do) in it, let me know!

BTW, I'm thinking your bible study is full of people living under grace...so you should give yourself some grace too -- it's okay to take a break!

Love ya :)

Todd said...

You seriously wear makeup to the gym? WHY?

mallory said...

Thanks for sharing your neutrogena find! As you know, Siesta Angel of Death over here is in serious need of some bronzing.