Thursday, November 6, 2008

did I mention

Did I mention that I am speaking at Portico's first women's ministry event next Friday? I am beside myself asking God to show up! I have never felt so helpless in my life. It is such a strange sensation when you want something so badly and are completely helpless to bring it to pass. This has been my story. In this case, I want God to move in women's hearts. I want them to see Christ as beautiful and long to know more of Him. I want them to be stunned with the wonders in His Word. This is impossible for me to pull off. I am so inadequate to bring any of that to pass. And so, I beg. I will be utterly amazed if God chooses to use this overly-processed brain of mine to participate in any of His supernatural doings. It is His way, and so I do have hope. When I am weak, He is strong. And yet, I long. Please pray.

Many other things whirl about, but that is of primary importance for the next 7 days. After that point, I shall assume the fetal position and await my turkey and stuffing with joy and gladness. Anyone else?

My digital camera had been broken and thus pictures are at the mercy of the iphone which is rarely charged. No eye candy to speak of.

5 comments:

diane boucher said...

jaime, I'll be praying for you all week and on friday! God WILL show up!!! your humility and desire for Jesus to be glorified is evidence of God's great grace in your life!! i can't wait to hear how it goes for you! please let me know! love you! diane

mallory said...

Siesta, faithful is He who calls you! He will equip you for every good work, including this event! I am praying for you daily and can't wait to see you up there-- jumbotron style!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to be able to comment I was having major technical difficulties, however, I think I am over the hump. I love your blog. God will show up because he uses us in our weakness. He will be strong, I can't wait to see what he gives you to speak about. I am praying for you!

Haley said...

I'll be praying for you!! You'll be fabulous!!

PS - I tagged you! Check out my blog for details!

xoxo

christa said...

I think God has already 'shown up' with the number of women who have signed up. He wouldn't hang you out to dry now! You will be awesome. Thanks for being willing to step up to a challenging role and lead! :-)