
For all my cville readers, I'd like to alert you to 1/2 off HIGHLIGHTS with Leslie during the month of August at MOXIE hair salon and body lounge. Yes! I really don't care for the terminology "body lounge" btw. It sounds kind of brothel-ish doesn't it? Anyways, I really feel that despite that, the 1/2 off is a gift from the Lord. Seriously. Several weeks ago, I began to call into question my loyalty to "the Reed". The Reed was cheap, but her technique was always just a little off. Our budget is not unlimited, so I was willing to pain the not so great coverage and slightly brassy tones for the price. Praise His name, now I don't have to compromise!
It did not take much convincing to garner Mark's support. He even admitted to the improvement. This is huge because usually he just says "it looks fine". Besides, Moxie is literally right around the corner from our new church building. I shall now consider my highlight apts. as opportunities to engage in missional conversation with a primarily lost salon staff.
I need some help however. What is the proper protocol for salon sell-out behavior? Should I contact the Reed to thank her for two years of faithful (albeit fault-finding) highlighting? I hate to just up and disappear, but loathe contacting her and alerting her to my loss of allegiance. My gregarious personality dislikes such complexity and conflict of relationship. What do ya'll think??

5 comments:
Jaime, thank you. August 26th at 2:00pm with Leslie. Starts at $70 may be more with extra color. I can't wait. I value you for so many reasons, but your loyalty to money saving, god-glorifying beautification makes me celebrate our friendship.
As for the Reed, I would normally say just leave it and move on, but I know that really isn't your style. What about a nice card, you have cute stationary right? Dear Sandy, with gas prices soaring Mark urged me to seek local hair care. I have enjoyed getting to know you and thank you for your years of highlighting service. Wish you the best and come to Portico. Love, Leaving the Brassy tones behind.
Note to self: At home highlight BOX treatment administered by auntie Tree was underwhelming at best. (sigh) Wish I could find such follicle deals 'round Alpharetta. Till then- 'fancy' pony must stretch me till Halloween. Boo-Ya indeed.
Happy Happy Birthday!!!
You must tell the Reed. Maybe via email or sending a card? I liked Megan's idea for the card, especially the signing "Leaving the Brassy Tones Behind".
What are you going to do when Leslie is no longer offering half price highlights though? Uh ohhh
Moxie indeed. I would give anything for a cut and color right now. I haven't had a haircut in two months and the novelty of my "natural color" has faded into brassy barfness. So think of me and my head o' straw as you choose between your two stylists. No condemnation. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Post a Comment