Tuesday, August 12, 2008

uncommon grace






I had no idea that Mark took these pictures. Last night while scrolling though his iphone I came across them. My heart immediately, and unexpectedly swelled with gratitude and a bittersweet longing. I am absolutely crazy about my dear friend Michelle and rejoice and celebrate with her the miracle of her little boy, Micah (now about 3 weeks old). Isn't he precious? Some of you may know why these pictures were especially sensitive to my heart. May we never take lightly the miracle of God in creation, and His goodness that always wins on our behalf. Here is a blessing and prayer just for little Micah...

Baby Micah,

May God be your fortress and your stronghold all the days of your life. May you rest in His sovereignty and His mighty strength in keeping and sustaining you. I pray that you would be bold in the Lord, and proclaim and preach His gospel of grace. I pray that you would rest and trust God with all that you are all the days of your life. No matter what befalls, I pray that you would know that God is your resting place, and He makes all well with your soul. May He be your comforter and Your great joy. You are a light, little Micah, and a delight. I love you already!

Love always,

Auntie Jaime

4 comments:

christa said...

What a sweet picture! Grace looks so cute.

Megan said...

This just may be my favorite blog posting of yours. Jaime you are such a neat person! I love your family.
Micah is a little stud.

mallory said...

That was a beautiful prayer for sweet Micah. He is a blessed child to have such amazing people in his life already who are praying for him. So sweet.

Hotlanta Hausfrau said...

Why does pic 2 appear you are breast-feeding that baby???