Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I FELL

On Sunday morning I fell down the stairs at my house. It was so ugly. Imagine a tornado of hair, jcrew sundress, and toe nails. I had a fleeting wish to have had one of those alarms around my neck so that I could notify someone of the spill. I cannot overstress the drama of my tumble. I was going to take pictures of my bruised and begraggled self but now that I'm healing up they would not do the injury justice. Some things are left best to the imagination.

One of my loftiest disappointments is that I am now thrust into a premature wearing of espresso fall O.P.I toe polish. I had fully intended to carry out my french pedi set through the end of Sept. Now, the bruising must be banished with darkness. This is especially disheartening in light of an upcoming wedding where I planned to wear an organza overlay white and black dress. The gothic, garish polish will ruin the whole ensemble! This is all so disturbing, indeed.

If everything is just perfect for you today, you may need a visual to spark that imagination of yours. Please know that this is but a sliver of what is available on google images for "bruised toe".

Enjoy!

2 comments:

christa said...

I just glanced at this post at first and thought the picture was really of your feet! It made me shutter - I am glad you are ok!

mallory said...

This makes me hurt just thinking about it. Don't worry too much about the espresso polish. Most people don't notice, and those that do might think you are starting a new trend!