Today was a D minus. After scrubbing down nasty floors last night with mineral spirits (at the new church facility), Mark and I crashed around midnight. Gas prices are out of control, so we car-pool now which meant that I had to leave the house at 7:00am to drop Mark off. I had an hour and 1/2 to kill before picking up Oscar, so I attempted to do DECAF Bible Study at the Bucks. Fail.com. Truth be told, it was something about lies and I was having a hard time relating.
My cousin had her baby today! A baby boy. I lucked out and got 3 new outfits from Baby Gap on sale. They were so little and cute. I wrapped each piece individually, and will mail the box tomorrow. Is anyone else so happy that Baby Gap decided to go espresso colored on their new boxes? Love those!
I attempted a gourmet salad tonight, and it failed. I was sans dates, and dates (evidently) are essential to balancing the tartness of the balsamic.
Gracie had several meltdowns today. Hence the post title. Thats what I get after she spent 24 hours with Nana and Papa. I actually "sent her to her room" today. What on earth? She screamed and then 5 minutes later I asked her to come down and she didn't respond. Panicked, I went up to see what the deal was, and she was fast asleep on the floor. Exhaustion induced drama.
I have never been so reluctant to do a pedi. My feet are in serious need of exfoliation post Cabo, and I caren't. The answer is not more product.
No coffee people. No Diet Coke. This has been more brutal than you can imagine. First it was undeniably incapacitating headaches, then it was severe leg cramping, now it is malaise. MALAISE. I'm trying to see God in the cloudy pillar that is my brain right now.
I hope ya'lls days were better than mine. Believe me, I have far more serious issues than the ones named. His mercies are new every morning, are they not?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Poor siesta, I can empathize with your day...(not the wooden spoon part...yet) We need to listen to "New Day" today and rejoice!
I think going off caffeine is tougher then most people realize! Or having a daughter that has exhaustive meltdowns. Hope this weekend is somewhat relaxing!
p.s. Don't you think going to Starbucks when you're trying not to drink caffeine would be like going to a bar when you're trying not to drink alcohol? You're a tough woman! =)
Oh siesta...the idol of caffeeine is still a painful part of my normal existence. And i'm nursing...and I wonder why my 5 month old has turned into super woman on super speed. Could there be a parallel? :)
And here's a nice little tip to soften the inside of your italian leather wallet - if you order mostly anything at Starbucks in a "junior size" they give you the same size cup (tiny bit smaller than a "tall") and charge you the $0.99 hot chocolate fee. Isnt that divine?
Post a Comment