I had nearly just confessed my pride, (a practice I'm "humbly" attempting daily) when I hear "JAIME!! MOMMY!! JAIME!! MOMMY!! HONEY, WHERE ARE YOU?!!"
SERIOUSLY?!!
I stood my holy ground and refused to make a sound. I thought that if I just pretended not to be alive they would all just go away and leave me alone. They persisted. Suddenly, a voice, like one in the wilderness, crying out from the laundry piles said...
"I'm in herrreee.."
"Where are YOU?!"
"In here... In the closet..."
I was found like a light in a dark closet that cannot be hidden. I was so mad. I think the Lord thought it was funny. I sure didn't. I had settled the matter of authority at that point at least, and so begrudgingly surrendered to the providence of God. Perhaps, had I stayed in there any longer, I might have contracted some mold induced illness from the piles of dirty clothes. Severe mercy, I suspect.

If my closet looked like this, I think I would posses a profoundly effective prayer life.

1 comment:
Oh Jaime! i so identify! even though i don't have little ones anymore i have my mom living with us... i too have to find that time with GOD... If only i had a walk in closet!!!! :) LOVE YOU! diane
Post a Comment