I have been working through Kelly Minter's Bible study No Other Gods. I just had a revelation here in the DFW airport. Kelly has us identify false gods in our lives. The Holy Spirit has been revealing to me a few areas in my heart that are cluttered with idols. Many of us would refer to this as "conviction". If you are like me, conviction usually involves pain. Pain and I have become far better aquainted in the past years. Seeing its effects and the fruit that is born out of it, I sometimes miraculously submit to its grit. If you are sifted, you need it. God does what He should.
So- about that revelation- conviction may be an indicator of BONDAGE. CHAINS. I just made the mental link that when I feel CONVICTed, I can imagine myself wearing an orange jump suit.
I'd like to be free. Right now God says that means caffeine free. I told you it was painful.
Lord,
May every conviction be a painful reminder of your great Love. Convince my heart that You desire to fill me with an energy that comes from your powerful Spirit and Living Word! Give me the sense to see that the removal of an idol is making room for You. When I fail You may it be an occasion, in all humility, to praise the wonders of Your rich grace.
Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Aww, so true sister, so true. Convicting yet great study huh? Can't wait to see pics from the vacation!
DANG! We were going to send you a Starbucks card for your birthday. HM!
How was CABO?? FABU?:)
I support you siesta! Did the Lord give you a green light on decaf or is it no coffee at all? I was hoping we could still do decaf starbucks trips :)
Post a Comment