Friday, May 1, 2009

convoluted confetti countdown

*NOTICE* I fixed the settings so anyone can comment now. Some people were having trouble. Sorry!! I hope it works now.

Friday: I was rear ended today. Praise the Lord no one was hurt. The incident occurred moments after picking Gracie up from preschool. The location is notorious for accidents. I, however, am not. Never having been in any sort of fender bender, I was very shaken up. I climbed (yes I did) over the middle console to exit the car on the non traffic side, checked on Grace, got the offender's name, number and insurance, surmised the damage (small scratch to bumper), and then got the o.k. from hubs via iphone to drive away. I was not two minutes down the road headed to ballet class that I burst into tears. Of course I did. Once parked outside of ballet, I immediately called the Wolanski. Through tears, I tried to explain the situation to the receptionist. I told her that I wanted to change my Monday apt. to NOW. Bless them, they obliged. I pulled myself together long enough to dress Grace for her class (it was picture day, of course). At the doctor, they did my regular apt. and then did a non-stress test on the babe. Everything looked perfectly fine, so Wolanski instructed me to take a warm bath, a Tylenol and have a glass of wine. I'm not kidding. Wasn't I supposed to watch out for the carbs? Where am I?

Thursday: I got my roots done. PTL. This time I took pictures of the place where I go. I told ya'll it was country. I can't pay for that there Moxie no more.



Wednesday: Freakshow. Playdate for Gracie at the mall indoor play area (b/c it was raining outside) ended b-a-d. We nearly arrive and a lady comes around to loudly announce that the play area needs to be closed for cleaning. Pack it up. Ugh. So we move to the carousel and let the kids play on that for a bit to wait out the cleaning time. Finally, it re-opens. Two minutes into playing again, Grace comes running up to me hyseterically crying and itching her arms and legs frantically. IT HURTS!! IT ITCHES!!! I WANT TO GO HOME!! What on earth?!! I grab my stuff and abruptly leave. What else could I do? Grace proceeds to itch her poor self to death the entire way home. I was nearly ready to drive straight to the ER. Not knowing what in heaven's name was wrong, I get her home, give her a bath, a Benedryl and Tylenol and we both slept the rest of the afternoon. She is just fine. I now refuse to go to the mall play area. I think the cleaning solution they use irritated her skin. Disgusting! Here is Grace and Keegan sharing the umbrella before the freakshow reaction. It started so well...





Tuesday: At another playdate my JCrew black wedge flip flop broke en-route to the park. Dang it! I had fully intended to get another season out of those gems. I loved them. When I went to the mall this morning to replace them I was completely divided between the jeweled ones, the flower toed ones, and the regular wedges. It was 30% off for two pairs, but that is still at least $40 for flip flops. I wear them continually, but still. How many Compassion children could I sponsor with the price of those flips? I feel condemnation and I didn't even buy them... Yet? Help?






Monday: Dentist. The hygenist clearly thought that if I didn't bleed my teeth were not clean. Has nayone else endured that heinous electric PICK complete with water spray? I had blood on my nose when she was done. I'm not kidding. Evidently, pregnancy can add to bleeding gums. My teeth passed inspection. I credit my Sonicare toothbrush. I mean ours.

My vacuum of 6 years died. It was time. It required BAGS. Some of you may not even know what those are. You who don't know must have registered for a fancy Dyson. Hum... I hate spending money on a new one. Someone tell me why a Dyson is $500.00? In a perfect world I would get a Miele. I settled on another Hoover for $79.00 from Sams Club. Even that pains me, but I HAVE to have something that works. I couldn't go many days without a vacuum.



Bonus: My re-seeding is working. I literally prayed scripture over these seeds because I so feared that they wouldn't grow. I'm so glad that growing is up to God.



So in summary, I've covered agriculture, Bible, social justice, consumerism, vanity, economic restrictions, traffic violations, socialization of children, medications, intoxications, and the hormonal implications to such things inflicted upon a poor domesticated preggo like me. Did I miss anything???

3 comments:

mallory said...

Well I know how you voted on the poll! I got your not so subtle "we share our toothbrush" reference loud and clear! Sheesh!

I cannot believe the Wolansk told you to have a glass of wine. I'm glad you and the babe are A-ok.

Laura said...

Caroline has had the same reaction TWICE from the cleaning stuff at the mall playground (I am a little slow), had to give her a bath in the bathroom at belk...so classy.

Hope this week is a little less crazy for you!

christa said...

I love this post. Did you take the good doctor up on his advice?