Tuesday, May 12, 2009

someone throw me a bonefish

All I have to say is desperation makes bad decisions. This baby better come soon because preggo JP is completely out of control. I think I am actually getting dumber by the day. Add Claratin to the mix and you've got a recipe for disaster.

Here was the hook:





Here was my line:

Dear Brown,

I am shamelessly nominating me and my nine month pregnant self for the Mother's Day Night Out Contest. Trust me, the pregnant version of me is an identity all her own. Our second baby, a boy, is due June 5th and I could sure use a night out on the town before his arrival. There is nothing my darling husband and I would enjoy more than dinner out to Bonefish (one of my favorites), two tickets to Broadway's Movin' Out (I was a vocal performance major at JMU) and 2 passes to the Brown Mercedes Invite-Only Pre-Show Cocktail Party (hubby can drink mine for me).To top it off, I already have the little black dress. How could you refuse?

Brown, Brown, Brown, you KNOW you love me!

Jaime Campbell



Their reply:

Dear Jaime,


Thank you for your creative & witty nomination. Some have made us cry but you have certainly made us smile. You are a true beauty at nine months, and in front of a Brown Honda how could we resist?? :-) You sound like a wonderful mom that certainly deserves to be recognized and we appreciate you taking the time to write us.

We will be judging & choosing a winner on Friday May 8th.

Thank you again for your nomination.


Regards,

Jamie Schwartz, Director of Marketing


THE SINKER: I totally didn't win.

Some precious woman out there tonight is devouring a chocolate brownie with macadamia nuts, raspberry sauce and bluebell icecream. I am not that woman.

4 comments:

Dana {Sew Thrifty} said...

you are too funny. and you totally should have won.

can't wait to hear of the arrival of your baby boy - let us know if we can make you some dinner and dessert some night. Sorry, we probably won't rival Bonefish. :)

Dana

mallory said...

oh. my. word. that is hysterical. My favorite was "Brown Brown Brown...you KNOW you love me!". I can't believe you didn't win with that photo and all! Shame on them!

Louise said...

I am CRUSHED that you didn't win!! Really and truly. They ought to be ashamed of themselves!

Megan said...

Hahaha! That was hilarious! You are so creative and the preggo brains totally helps to bring out the ballsy side. You are so pretty in that photo!

One time I entered Michael in the Mustang Man contest. I wanted a new 2005 Ford Mustang and I had the man to go along with it. I didn't win either.