Monday, December 22, 2008

Wanting the with-ness of God

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

The Lord provided coctail shrimp at half off from Whole Foods. Don't dis the farm raised- they are fabu! He also provided Home Alone II on network TV from 8:30-10:00. It was such a delight. Please don't try to deny that you like Home Alone. It was so great. AND, the Lord provided the most AMAZING family for me to babysit for. They gave me a most amazing gift cert to Neroli Spa and Apothacary for a mommy-to-be 60min massage plus gratuity! Unreal. I am beside myself over it.

I better capitalize on my mood of thanksgiving and write a bit about where I'm at.

Immanuel is God with us. I wonder who else out there could stand a little "with-ness" from Christ Himself over the next few days. I don't know about you, but I never want my wonder of the nearness of God to wane. I pray that the unfathomable never grows reasonable to me. May miracles make me marvel! Oh, that we would become like little children. Children see glory in the ordinary. I so want that. I've walked with Jesus long enough to know that I don't have to be on the proverbial mountain top to sense His nearness and see His glory. Sometimes, it seems, His nearness is realized in the daily-ness of life. I love that wherever He is, glory is, no matter the landscape.

Lord,

Open our eyes to the reality of You! Show us who You are in the midst of the seemingly mundane! Shatter every false picture, and bring to life, for our hearts, the very real, living, vibrant and most glorious Savior that Your Word reveals. You are life. May we wrap ourselves around You this Christmas, even as you draw near unto us.

Amen!

3 comments:

Megan said...

I love the prayer. I prayed it too. So when are we gonna find out if Baby Campbell is a he or a she?

Your Christmas card was too precious! Did you make them at home? Merry Christmas!

Hotlanta Hausfrau said...

When is your ultrasound????

mallory said...

Neroli? Gasp! I hope you don't patronize that heathen business...the horror!