
So here are some pics. Sigh!
The yams were scandalous ya'll, that's all I have to say. Pastor's Wife was not consulted prior to the installation of the yam toss. Teams were complete with Dirty Turkey jerseys and mascots. I was a proud member of the black team. For one of the "events" you had to do a relay on a real stinkin' track. Throat burn anyone? The baton was, of course, a turkey baster filled with paint in each team's color. The gel set was a concern, but I managed to be victorious over any acrylic paint seepage. My team, for relay and all other gobble game events consisted of the following participants: yours truly aka. the Preggers, a nursing mom, a pleurisy ridden strep carrying overworked Emory grad student, an insulin dependent diabetic and a nicotine addict. Nice. We lost hard, ya'll.
Not featured:
Trivia night under the influence of turkey dinner, pie, and gasp, merlot (not me on the last one).
The gilded turkey prize trophy. Unmatched. It looked like an antique santa gone terribly wrong.
VICTORY!! The black team was able to pull out the (borrowed? yeah...) shopping cart race. Note the plethora of pics.
At the close of the weekend we were told to "leave our jersey" for next year. Humm... We shall see...
Enjoy.





3 comments:
I love the pictures! It looks as if you had another traditional, peaceful Thanksgiving observance with your Southern family. Will the borrowed carts be stored at someone's house for next year too? I bet having a few shopping carts around the house would actually be nice.
Absolute GLEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Freak Family at our FINEST!!!!!
I am in awe of the administrative prowess it took to pull off such an event. I take it Zee Haus Frau was the one to execute these festivities. Well done!
Post a Comment