I realize I've deprived my eager reader(s) of photos. Here is a brief photo essay of our recent crazie realities.





Mark finished off our small home reno with a tumbled slate backsplash. I couldn't be more pleased with it. The picture doesn't show the outlet covers. We ended up going with stainless steel and they look perfect with the slate.
Mark's parents joined us for Christmas this year at our house. It was great. Nana and Gracie made gingerbread 2D houses thanks to my all-natural Whole Foods kit. The heart of Grace is displayed in her usage of sprinkles. More is always better. Every square inch was poured out on. That's my girl!
We enjoyed the most fabu Christmas eve service at Portico. A local artist, Yolanda Cole treated us to a worshipful carol concert, and Pastor Justin told the Christmas story to the youngun's. It did not disappoint.
On Christmas day, after much pink and princess, we headed to NOVA to feast on filet with bernaise. Anne pulled through with the most amazing dinner. Gigi got Gracie a Polka Dot Plie Madame Alexander doll that is so adorable.
On the Saturday after Christmas we busted back to Cville so that Mark could get some rest before preaching that Sunday. Sunday night, we headed to a local wedding. It was AMAZINGLY fabulous. The brides dress was perfection and the food and setting were ideal. Such a lovely evening. The only pain was I could not enjoy the Veritas Cab Franc. Small price to pay I suppose.
Monday morning we headed to Deep Creek for a new years ski getaway with Todd, Haley, Bill, Sue, Nate, Brian, Will and Hanna and a couple friend of Todd and Haley's from Penn State. We had a great time. Mark and I got to sleep in the Master suite so that Grace could go down early each night. It was like a lovely tomb. I think I slept with the sound machine till 10 each day. Delight. Mark got to go ski with his buddies and I got to watch Grace play in the snow. Ideal.
On our return, I finished up a two year stint with Oscar with an over-night and two days. My golden goose has offically flown the nest. The reality of it has not set in yet. I spent this past week catching up on emails, returns, cleaning, laundry, Christmas tear-down, and trips to the gym and preschool. I'm tired!
Grace got a haircut this past Thursday! The Beckham wedge is back!
Too tired. Post is now ending.

3 comments:
The kitchen looks amazing! I LOVE that backsplash. I need to come over and see it in person.
Grace's gingerbread house (in 2D no less) rocks! I'm working on getting the personal photographer pics up on the blog....too many to choose from:)
I think we have the same tile now? Looks just like ours ;) and of coarse the coffee pot is the same-always.
Post a Comment