Friday, December 5, 2008

in need of shocking news

So I must admit a "lull" post baby news announcement. Please, please believe me when I say that all my hope was NOT tied up in having another baby. That is not it, praise His name. No, I think this is more of the normal routine post announce boredom that likely surfaces for most expectant moms. Also, please do not assume that the next six month will be one run-on of baby related ramblings. I am very aware of the non-gestating community and realize the distaste of perpetual prego-talk. I won't go there.

It's not as if nothing is happening in the lives of the Campbell Crazies. There is the day in and day out reality of being awoken to a 3 and half year old in mismatched tights, sparkle wings and tutus (note prior to 7am). Coffee, waffles, find the phone, find the keys, feed the dog, shower, re-apply the face, sort through the purse pit to find a necessary Target receipt that has painfully been used as a gum receptacle, fill the tank, make the drs. apt, pray among heaps of laundry despite the relentless re-loading, drying and folding.... you get the idea.

Add to that, ministry of every variety. Oh how I love Him. I love praying boldly after leaving community group when my car is still freezing cold and I see the moon piercing the sky and I sense His presence and approval. Those five minutes are mighty effective. Add to that, God at work in me. Creating life. Body, soul, spirit. Oh the depths of the riches of the knowledge and wisdom. There is none like Him. We so don't get it. Add to that the nurture and care of my daughter. Imparting the beauty and love of Christ one Bible story at a time, one bedtime prayer session at a time. Add to that the sweetness of marriage and its refining fires. The agent of sanctification in order to make the mystery of Christ and His gospel known. Just those things....And yet, I "feel" the lull.

All amid Pottery Barn magazines, trash that needs taking out, roots that are showing without a bank account to support their being highlighted. It is all the crazieness and the complexity and the simplicity that makes up our lives. I'd imagine yours is much the same just with different titles.

Maybe my malaise is due to the deficency of COMMENTS on my blog. I must not write well enough to generate any feedback. I really need to get some pictures up asap. Our digital camera has been broken for months now and the iphone just isn't cutting it. Mark wants to get a new 35 mm digital camera. Indeed. Anyways, he took all the pics from Thanksgiving festivities and so I will have to email them to myself so that I can post them.

More later...

2 comments:

christa said...

I vote to end the lull with another Jaime Campbell sermon at a women's event. I know you are destined for more than a one-hit-wonder. I love seeing it posted amongst the others on iamportico.

mallory said...

Sorry siesta, I have been lacking in my commenting skillz lately. I am glad to see you are back to writing witty prose. I agree with Christa...more jumbo-tron please!