Saturday, November 15, 2008

He always pulls through

First of all, ANYONE who prayed for Portico's Women's Event should reap them some JOY. We had around 140 women show up last night. Insanity. Why wouldn't God think it fun to toss me out there for MY FIRST EVER speaking event with all those bright, fun, and worshipful women. There is far too much to say about the whole thing, I don't know where to begin.

I do believe God showed up, Praise His Name! That is ultimately all that matters. Believe me when I say that I am fully aware of every single thing that I did poorly. I woke up this morning re-teaching myself our lesson and correcting myself for all the errors I made, points I didn't fully explain, transitions that were awkward, neglecting to state the main point right at the beginning... I KNEW this would happen, but didn't want the reality of my inexperience to paralyze me from ever really getting some. This shall be my song all my days. I know I will never feel as though I have it all together. Thank God, I never have to. Just pour it out to the last drop. I love the lyrics of Desert Song, which we sang last night. She sings, "I know I'm filled to be emptied again, the seed I've received I will sow." This resonates a thousand times through my spirit.

Typicalness that happened:

I ran a fever of 100 degrees yesterday afternoon. Being the drama, freak show that I am, ice packs were involved, nurses were phoned, my temperature was monitored at 5 min. intervals, and I fully ran through every vain imagination possible in regards to the underlying cause. After much deliberation, I do believe that CREATIVE NAIL (singular) is to blame. I got more for my $35 gel nail on Tuesday than I initially realized. Disgusting. They do really bad nail and toe and give you virus.

I didn't leave the church till 11. I was so unbeliveably exhausted and hungry. I scarfed down a giant bowl of honey nut Cherrios right before bed.

Why wouldn't I have had to study and plan for this event in the throws of MY FIRST TRIMESTER. SURPRISE, BLOG-O-SPHERE!!

6 comments:

anna said...

WHAT??? are you saying what I think you are saying? CONGRATS & Praise Him (insert baby with arms raised)! See, someone does read your blog! :)

mallory said...

I smile every time I think about Friday night! God did show up in a major way. We were all so blessed by your willingness to serve the women of Portico. I can't wait to see what else God has in store for you in regards to the jumbotron...

...and YAY FOR THE BABY BEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Megan said...

I just can't stop smiling! One, because Friday was anointed. But most of all, the baby! I just can't stand it. I'm so happy!!! Baby #2 Campbell OMG.

Haley said...

YAY!:) Glad the blog is baby-fied. NOW POST SOME PICTURES!:)

We want to see Gracie on halloween!!!

Dana {Sew Thrifty} said...

Jaime,

I just want to say what an awesome job God did through you on Friday night. I don't know you beyond hearing you sing on Sundays, meeting your husband in the Gospel Class, and hearing great things about your family from Mallory and Megan in my community group. I really didn't know what to expect from you on Friday night. I loved every second of it. God has definitely given you a gift. Thanks for praying for all of us who came. I felt and still do feel tremendously blessed to have found such a prayer-filled church.

Dana Nowell

Heather and Scott said...

Congratulations Jaime :) We've just been so excited for you guys :) We love you!