Saturday, May 1, 2010

top sliders

UPDATE: I posted this, then took it down b/c I had anxiety thinking that people might think I'm racist. Well, I'm NOT racist. I'm posting it anyways and surrendering my insecurities.




I tried to convince Mark that they are an American classic. He insists on calling them Top Sliders. Pains me. Sadly, he was not raised in the south. I spent my preschool years in South Carolina and lay claim to those roots. Smocked dresses and top-siders abounded in those days. They ARE all-american and this is precisely why the Seven Corners (of the world) ROSS still had a pair for $24.99 remaining on their Carlos Santana brand pillaged shelf. I love my hispanic sisters, and am ever-so grateful that they are, generally, not inclined to prefer a preppy boat shoe. Their trash, my treasure! Of course, I clearly needed a pair for trips to Whole Foods and back. I mean, there might possibly be a puddle on the way...

So, what do you think? Are they cute or what?!

1 comment:

Haley said...

blogs need like buttons. Anyways, I like...they're a staple! I made Todd get some:) We also call them boat shoes. Got a boat?:)