My life these days could be measured in JH's naps (2 a day), p90X DVDS (aiming for one a day), grocery expenditures (2 trips a week), World Market folding chairs for the new congregants (28+), bags of mulch (20+) and the number of days it takes for my Versa spray tan to fade (too few).
Times are short. So I'll get right to it.

Reality:
A common scene and sound in my home is John fussing. Just the other day he was crawling by the frig when I happened to open it. His eyes lit up with the sight of all manner of mess making, pulling down, crashing, smashing, possible eating, 11 month old delights. Kind of like Templeton at the fair. Just think of the jam jars I could roll about! Think of the big bins of mixed greens I could bang on! Of course, I said, No! No! and swiftly moved him out of the way.
Heart Translation:
Sometimes God will give us a glimpse into His storehouse for us. At first glance, we are overcome with delight in the potential. We experience frustration and might even fuss when he shuts our vision's door just as swiftly as it was momentarily opened. Accessing the potential proverbial fruit is definetly not wrong. Our desire to access and enjoy it is not wrong. No more wrong than it is for John to want to eat and enjoy his food. It is just wrong for him to get it himself from the frig right now. If I allowed him full access to the frig at 11 months old the outcome would mean hazard (crashing bottle of white wine) and/or a heck of a mess (mashed grapes everywhere).
Growing up takes time. The trouble with time is it doesn't always cooperate with our schedule! Our Heavenly Father is watching us, and caring for us. He portions our fruit for us in just the right amount, at age appropriate intervals. How wise He is! He knows what we can and can't handle. Our pride, just like my little man, says that there is nothing we can't do or handle. How foolish we are!
Let's not whine about the wait. Yes, we are darling, and dearly loved, and possibly spray tanned....but our fussing must get on His nerves. Let's instead, enjoy being cared for, and enjoy what we can do now. We would save ourselves frustration, and potential fiascos.
How about you?
Is there something that you feel God wants to give you that you are not ready for yet?

3 comments:
this post is NOT lame. this post is wonderful. i had a versa spa, too. hate the smell, love the golden.
Jaime, like I said. Lack of blog means you have better things in life to do. Much better things. Blogging is on the same level as tanning. You do it if there's time, not first thing in the morning. No condemnation here, blogging is cool but way overrated. Give Grace and John some love for me today!
I think there are things I want God to give me that I feel ready for but I guess He doesn't. I feel this way more often recently than the opposite. But both are true. Hope to see ya'll soon. Maybe at Portico Arlington??
Post a Comment