Thursday, February 11, 2010

this is ridiculous

I find myself saying "this is ridiculous" several times a day. Be it the price of grapes per pound, the number of days it takes to obtain a certain online purchase, the loads of laundry on my floors, the mud on my dog's paws, the snow piled on our cars, the way a family member is behaving, John's blow-outs, the rate at which my roots show, the state of my nails, the price of my health care premiums, the frequency with which reveal floodlight bulbs go out, the price and availability of decent yoga pants.... you get the point.

What is behind my exclamation?

1. I desire to control my surroundings?

2. A lack of trust?

3. A critical spirit?

4. Laziness?

5. Reactive and not proactive?

6. Impatience?

7. Joylessness?

8. Selfishness?

9. Self-absorption?

10. Narcissism?

This is ridiculous. John is waking early from his nap. Blog attempt failed. Thankfully I've already had my quiet time. Clearly, I needed it!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have very insightful blog posts! Could you post a sample schedule of what your day is like with two kiddos as a pastor's wife?

--Very curious blog stalker who can barely get it done with one!

Megan said...

I use that phrase all the time because in my sinfulness I cannot seem to grasp the fact that things are not always going to work out how I want them to/how I think they should be/how I feel the rules of "life" work. I haven't thought about it in a negative way until now, I guess I wrongfully assume that I know better and everything that falls short of that is "ridiculous."

mallory said...

I am a "this is ridiculous" person as well...part II to follow during John's next nap?

Hotlanta Hausfrau said...

It is ridiculous because we are living in a fallen world. ALL is amiss. Clearly this can not be the way God intended things. Have you seen the price increases at Starbucks??? So yes, it is you, me and the holy grail of perfect yoga pants and it will continue to be crazy until HE comes back to get us the heck outta here. Thankfully HIS love is way more ridiculous than all of that right? :)