Friday night Mark and I went out on a date. I did not shower for the day until 6:30pm. I can't believe that I used to START getting ready to "go out" in college around 9pm. What on earth?! We went to Mike's, which never disappoints. We didn't call ahead, and I was shocked how many night owls were out to dinner at 8:00 on a Friday night. It seriously felt like the middle of the night to me. We shared two amazing margaritas and spin dip at the bar while we waited for our table. Grilled salmon, garlic mash, filet, loaded baker, chop house salad with bacon, and deep dish apple pie. Every bite was a springboard to praise.
A gigantic stink bug is whirling around my kitchen right now. He is a stow away from Crozet. We were infested with them. They loved the sunny windows and would cling to the curtains in our master bedroom. They will dive bomb in the night and awaken you from a sound slumber. AND, evidently, they can survive weeks wrapped in a plastic bag and a trip through the gentle cycle. I'm not kidding. Two of these remarkable bugs made it from my curtains, wrapped into a glad garbage bag, into a truck, through the snow, to my pantry here, into the washing machine, and came out ALIVE. I wouldn't believe it unless I saw it with my own two eyes. UNREAL.
Exhibit A:

5 comments:
"Night owls out to dinner at 8:00" Really? Aren't you the woman who paints her walls till 2am?
Laryngitis? I can testify that your voice is in fact gone, but you sounded so cute.
FACT. Raid kills stink bugs. It takes about 5 minutes to really get 'em. But if you spray their bellies, you should be good to go. I just got one in my kitchen.
Even bugs bring us together across the miles! I feel your pain...I HATE them.
Stink bugs are the worst! Luckily, they are not native to VB and I have not spotted any stowaways here. Love your blog makeover!
I freaking hate these monsters! They bring out the worst in me--curse words, violence, the list goes on.
Post a Comment