- I took my FIRST two yoga classes ever last week. Totally soaked in the culture. Loved the eye pillow, the ohming, the whole deal. I'm so over making fun of people who are trying to relax. Seriously, people, embrace them. I am one of them. I need child's pose in my life.
It should be noted that my female instructor is a non-shaver in racer back tanks. I did not embrace any of that nonsense.
- We sold out house. Wha? Yeah. Madness. Praise the Lord!
- I have encountered a new dillemma. Snortangus is too big for the infant bucket seat, right? Well, he is also too small to sit unattended...like in a shopping cart for example. Disaster. Please, someone tell me how to maneuver through Tuesday morning with a rickety ancient of days cart, with Snortangus in the bjorn, while holding Grace's hand?! This is a problem. I fear I may need to remain housebound.
- John is now 20lbs. He refuses rice cereal. I feel like I am nursing a warthog. His days are numbered. As soon as that boy can hold a bottle himself he is being cut off.
- Mark is preaching in the morning. If you are in Cville, head to Portico and get you a Word.
- Grace's reading is coming along SO WELL!! I'm so proud of her. She recognizes so many words already and her phonics is great. I'm all about having an early reader.
- Mark and I recently started going to counseling every other week. We absolutely LOVE it. Every couple should be in counseling in my opinion. It is like having a personal trainer, or a personal chef. I've never had either of those, but I can imagine that the experience is similar. DO IT! You won't regret it.
Here is the winning pic! Totally sickeningly staged.
- I won Petunia Pickle Bottom's fall Have Bag Will Travel Facebook Contest. Lucky Pastor Pickle Bottom will be receiving his Rubicon Rucksack in a week or so. Wasn't that generous of me to share my $200 gift cert?
Some more pics from our stage-o-rama photo shoot. Me, myself, and my hoop earrings.

And now...the face only a mother could love. Both of us, really. We decided to paint our pumpkins this year instead of carve them. Thankfully, I got my roots painted shortly after this picture was taken. Grace had eaten something blue, and her hair was pulled out of pig tails from soccer practice, hence the heinousness. I love her.
That's all for now. Marriage life, ministry, family life, and fitness. No online shopping. Done.

7 comments:
I love this post! So much to comment on, I'm thrilled to talk to you tomorrow. :) I love your family so stinkin' much. Of course you won that contest, of course.
Sold house. Craziness.
LOL, John is catching up to Calder! So awesome that you sold your house! NOVA here you come!
Welcome to the om side...embrace the zen.
I love that you are attending counseling. I'm set to graduate with my M.A. for Marriage and Family Therapy in December and I truly believe that there is so much we accomplish by learning about ourselves and others and our interactions. (I also went to couples counseling with my husband! - It was so helpful)
Congratulations on the sale, the adorable picture and the gift certificate!
I went through the exact same dilemma with Parks. It was an awkward month or two in between the carseat and sitting in up. I too bjorned him for a while to the detriment of my back...oh well, the things we do for our babies :) I'm excited for all the awesome things God is doing in your life! Praise Him for selling da 'knoll!
Hmm- I had a friend who had a baby with some developmental delays, so he was really big, but didn't have the head/trunk control to sit in a shopping cart. She used the boppy behind him in the shopping cart seat and it seemed to help. I've never personally done it, but you could give it a shot!
Congrats on selling your house? So does this mean you're NOVA bound? Keep me posted!!!!
love the update. John is so handsome!
Post a Comment