Thursday, November 19, 2009

that pile can preach

My goal is to promote encouragement and transparency within the gospel loving, blog-reading community. This right here is grand evidence that something has gone HORRIBLY wrong. I love a clean house, ya'll. What is going on?! How can I have victory over the evil principalities when I can't seem to prevail over these piles?

Bring on the gutsy guilt. Amazingly, my acceptance is not based on my best effort. In fact, my best efforts are Biblically speaking filthy rags. Piles of them. No room for pride today. This humble house is the perfect staging ground for fresh grace.

Best get busy.

Tell me you love me.











7 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh, JP, I LOVE YOU! I know this all too well. I often feel like I'm the only one who has these so-called "piles," but you have shown me that I am not insane. :) I best get busy as well. Hugs to your little fam!
Mindy

AndyandLex said...

Funny, for a moment I thought you had snuck into my house covertly and snapped away.

Alissa said...

no judgement given here for piles....but isn't it a slight relief after you sell your house that it doesn't have to be in perfect "showing" condition anymore? Bless you as you tackle the piles today!

anna said...

This blog post is the best and makes all of us feel more normal. I heart your authenticity sistah! A friend said, "if you are coming to visit my house, let me know. If you are coming to see me, come any time." It's a freeing statement. No condemnation, right?! xoxo!

Laura Sims said...

Gatz I will come help you clean up the piles anytime! You know that is like my Christmas :-)

Heather and Scott said...

I'm loving it! That is my house all the time -- and I'd love to blame it on someone, anyone, other than myself. But, many times they are my own piles. I have NEVER seen your house like this. John was 1 week old and we crashed your house for pictures and it was SPOTLESS. Glad to see that you're real :) You can come to my house anytime.

mallory said...

I am so glad I am not alone in the occasional or not so occasional pile. For some reason the master bedroom is the hardest place for me to keep "pile free"! I love your transparency siesta!