Saturday, September 26, 2009

i made a new friend

And her name is PUMPKIN BAR.

bar

4 eggs
1 2/3 cup sugar
1 cup canola oil
15 oz can of pumpkin
1 tsp. vanilla


2 1/4 cup. flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

Bake at 350.


Icing

1 stick butter
1 8oz of creme cheese
powder sugar
vanilla
1/2 and 1/2

Wait to ice until it is completely cool. I set out the butter and creme cheese to soften while I mix and bake. I also chopped and toasted some pecan crumble to top half of it. Beware. You might want to eat this for breakfast.

Here is the carnage.



Grace had soccer this morning. Her coach is German and speaks german to his son who is also on the team. It makes it interesting. Snortangus came along for the ride. Poor baby had to borrow Mark's ratty hat b/c mommy forgot one and it was rainy and cold. I know I eat pumpkin bars and such, but someone please help me understand WHY I thought I should buy the babybjorn that is intended for extra large obesse parents? I'm not kidding. Back in the 'Burg days I decided that we needed the special XXL babybjorn. The tragic part is that the center plastic piece does not fall in the middle of my back. Instead, it is up in-between my shoulder blades. The result is that instead of relieving pain it induces it. I hate to purchase another one b/c they are so stinkin expensive. Notice the two extra feet of slack. Good grief.





Earlier this week I got this message in Grace's pre-K bag.



You can imagine my surprise. I had packed Grace string cheese, organic milk and grapes. I DID NOT pack peanut products. I swear it. I promise! Then, HOW did THESE end up in her snack bag???!!!



That sneak packed BALL PARK PEANUTS in her snack bag AFTER I had already packed her something. This could quite possibly be the worst preschool snack ever to be packed. Miss Dee, can you help me crack these major mess making, epi-pen required peanuts please?? UNREAL. Don't worry. We had a really good laugh. Especially when I tried to explain to the teacher in pick-up line that it was really GRACE that packed the peanuts and not us. I don't think she believed me.

Speaking of princess peanut, did I mention that I love this girl? I've been meaning to tell ya'll what a rock star big sister Gracie has been. She is such a great helper, she has not retaliated, and she remains such an energetic joyful spirit in our home. Grace personifies zest. Her whirling and twirling and did I mention, TALKING is virtually nonstop. Yet, sometimes, even the restless give in. It's hard to believe that she will be F-I-V-E this February.

Who ever said that you can't look like a million bucks in a Target wedding dress?




Bless her heart. This is what her Daddy brought to a recent lunch date at Panera. Sorry, honey. Daddy just needs to finish up a few things before I can eat that Frontega Chicken panini. Would you mind holding this for a minute?



It looks like it is already 1:00. I hear someone snorting...

5 comments:

Haley said...

what a great post! I love that it looks like fall there!!! Leaves on the ground and long sleeve shirts! I'm sooo jealous. Did you know it's going to be 102 degrees here today? Ugh! How am I supposed to get into fall football with this weather?? Wish I could come visit and see Grace in all her soccer glory! Love her:) And the little John is looking sooo cute:) xoxo!

PS - The word verification for this post is "regul". HAHA! It's reading your blog too:)

Megan said...

Iced pumpkin bar is to me as rice is to the Asian. Grace is so, so sweet! I love that sleepy bride.

mallory said...

I love John's leggings!!! Too cute! Gracie girl is precious, she is growing up before our eyes and it is so fun to watch! It's crazy to remember her watching "Finding Nemo" at y'alls house when she just turned two...how time flies!

Heather and Scott said...

I'm telling you...a sling will not hurt your back! Although, sadly, some of them can cost as much as the Baby Bjorn. And I've never known you to be XXL - what were you thinking?

Love those cuties of yours!

Sarah said...

Aren't they super delish? Enjoy the dropping temps and falling leaves for me!