Tuesday, September 29, 2009

green rag

The first week of school Grace came home with this.




I immediately assumed it was some sort of craft project. You know. All the kids use cloth pens and the assistant compiles the squares to make a quilt for the teacher? That's what I was thinking, anyways. So I stash the random rag somewhere in my house and await further xerox on clip art paper instructions. No news.

Then I get an email from her teacher.

"Hi Everyone! We had quite a few questions about the cloth with your child's name on it we sent home in the folders. Those are cloth napkins that one of our parents made for each child. I hope that you will send it into the school with your child's snack often. Thanks Mom for helping us be a little greener!"

Of course!! How silly of me. I then reread the start of the year letter which recommended packing a napkin each day for you child's snack. I never had. So the green rag just stayed stashed. Until...

Grace says to me, "Mommy, can I pleeeaase have this with my snack? Allll the other kids have one!"

Only in Cville.

3 comments:

brett baker said...

oh-mah-lawd.

Megan said...

That is ridiculous! Of course that happens to you. Did teenage-mommy pack the rag today and a small bag of ball park peanuts for Gracie? I feel bad that those are what the kids have to look at every day. Being green doesn't imply being drab. :)

Sarah said...

This is the exact shade of hair dye Anne-girl bought from the "peddler" when she tried to dye her hair "raven black." Tragic indeed. Ick.