Wednesday, September 30, 2009

8 questions

Whew. Today I finished answering the following questions for the A29 wife questionnaire. Wives- how many of you had to answer similar questions for your husband's job application?? Anyone?? Welcome to the unique pressures of being a pastor's wife! God, help me walk this path with grace and courage!!


Church Planter’s Wife Questionnaire



1) Share how you met Jesus including what your life was like prior, the key factors that led you to Jesus, and how your life changed after meeting Jesus (begin very briefly with your family of origin).


2) Provide us a candid narrative of your marital history.


3) Have you and your husband always been faithful to each other — improper sexual behavior either emotionally or physically? Please describe the circumstances of any unfaithfulness?


4) Please describe how your husband has led you spiritually and contributed to your growth in your history together.


5) Describe how your husband has functioned as head of the home, and how he has taken responsibility to teach, train, and pastor your children.


6) Please tell us what you believe your husband’s primary spiritual gifts are, and why you believe your husband would be a good pastor.


7) Are you convinced of the call on your husband to plant a church? Describe how you came to agree on a call to church planting?


8) Describe a time when the demands of ministry put strain on your marriage or family life and how you as couple dealt with it.

3 comments:

Heather and Scott said...

That was the most intimate "job" interview questionnaire I've ever seen! Posting your answers? :)

mallory said...

Wow, siesta! They don't mess around! I'm sure you will do great with your answers. It is so obvious you and Mark were made for ministry. God will give you what you need to do it!

Megan said...

I'd love to hear the candid narrative of your marital history. :) Mallory's right, you were totally made for this! (I was just informed that the "you know who" will have to interview me if Michael continues to pass. Honestly, I can't wait!)

You're baby is so stinkin' cute. I think about him often.