Tuesday, February 24, 2009

nursery pics

Grace's nursery was finished in my second trimester too. I like to have everything ready early enough that all I have to do in the last three months is grow round and happy. Many, many blessings and thanks go out to my cousin Emily who has sent me all of Jackson's clothes 0-3 and 3-6 months. All the clothes are washed, folded and put neatly away. I need not buy a single onesie. Thank you, Em!

The wall letters were on sale at Pottery Barn when we were there last week at Short Pump getting Mark's mac fixed. I was willing to go with the Michael's variety but the Lord provided better letters for less. While I'm rejoicing in my savings, I'll share that the bedding set was also purchased at the PB at Fair Oaks on a random trip back to NOVA. I got the pique bumper for $28.97, the crib skirt for $19.99, and the crib sheet for $4.97. I got the whole three piece set for less than Walmart's Pooh line. That's worth a shout of praise any day. The little bedside table was $24.99 from TJMAX, and we got the changing table in the Burg back in our college days from HESS.

If you ever braved HESS, you can appreciate the find. The place is a complete fire/mouse trap. Morbidly obese women smoking cigarettes work the desk and you can climb through the wreckage at your own risk. You'll find everything from hospital grade toilet seats to queen anne chairs. It's frightening. Random stick thin black guys in one piece navy blue work suits load your furniture onto their ramshackle trucks and deliver free of charge. I can still see the veins popping out as the poor men hoisted our changing table (which is really a buffet once painted by a friend from church) up wooden deck steps into our apartment in the Burg. Ah, memories.

So all in all, I think we have ourselves a more-Joeseph, non-Solomon nursery. These are tough times, sisters.

Oh, I almost forgot. I've been asked so many times if Hawken is a family name. My response is, of course, "it is now..."





6 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh my! The letters wall is so cute. I love it. The color palatte is very clean and soothing. Straight out of a magazine.

mallory said...

I LOVE what you've done with the room. My favorite is the uber chic letters on the wall accented by the paint! Your name-brand steals are inspirational to bargain shoppers everywhere.

Hotlanta Hausfrau said...

It is perfect! I feel more organized just looking at it :) Clean and ready. Bring on the drooling, pooping, and peeing bundle!!! I can hardly stand the wait.

AndyandLex said...

J - love it! Very aesthetically pleasing. Now you just need a little FAO Scwarz rocking horse and your mini man cub and your set! Enjoy these last few fabulous months of getting excited. Hope to see you this weekend at wintergreen!

Unknown said...

It is adorable, and congrats! You have a beatuiful family.

Heather and Scott said...

Love the new family name! And the room is fabulous! You did a GREAT job decorating/painting/shopping for it! Can't wait to see it in person!! Love you guys!