Monday, February 23, 2009

not cute

Yesterday was a not-so-cute day. I ate my first Five Guys Burger ever! I must say, it was delicious. Cheeseburgers have definitely been my weakness with this pregnancy. Baby boy must need the meat, I guess. Gross.

I also made it to Target where I purchased these slippers.





They are clearly not cute. Anything that could coordinate with the wearing of a macaroni product is not-cute. AND, please note that I am wearing an apron in the picture. This may be the closest thing this blog will see in terms of a belly shot, which would most certainly not be cute either.





Behold the roast. Not-cute domestic. I have huge insecurities when it comes to fixing a roast. Somewhere between the bottom round, top shoulder, london broil, rump, bottom round, and chuck I feel like the truth of the gospel is muffled and I am tossed into a pit. I must remind myself again that I do not war against flesh and blood but against the evil principalities and powers. If I can't have victory over a roast I am in serious trouble, girlfriends. So I made myself a roast. In this context, I mean myself to include my family of three. Help me.


And then there is Tucker. We are watching Tucker, Mark's parent's golden retriver till Friday. I'm really tempted to shave him while they are gone. Nana, if you are reading this, don't worry, I won't. He is cute, though!





SO... cheeseburgers, slippers, aprons, roasts, and dog hair are all very, very, NOT-CUTE. No fear, I have a highlight appointment on Friday. Whew!

1 comment:

mallory said...

1. Five Guys Cheeseburgers are awesome.
2. That apron you were wearing looked very cute!
3. I'm very proud of you for making a roast.
4. A bellyshot of you would be cute, and I formally request one! It doesn't need to be an exposed belly or even you standing solo with your belly (a la my bellyshots), just put up some pics of you where you can SEE the belly!