Wednesday, June 18, 2008

what we do

My daily reality could be furnished entirely by The Dollar General. Who knew that orange plastic cones could provoke praise?? You might be wondering if I did a serpentine through them... Yes. Yes, I did! I was blessed by the beautiful rendering of Noah's Ark on the Baby Wash. Do I need to remind you that it was a dollar? They had "authentic" kick balls as well. I chose one in pink. I've never been more in the mood for a blast to the face. The plastic sound tube (you know the kind) also provided much entertainment. Does anyone remember that freak show movie called Mac and Me? It was right up there with Short Circuit. Well, the sound tube was the perfect accompaniment to my moving rendition of an alien from outer space. Oh, yeah, and you know its sad when you have the conscious thought to buy the blow-up pool that matches your kid's swimsuit. Help me, Lord.

My faux friends from the Lonestar state probobly can't relate (except maybe to the matchy-matchy bit). No "MDO" here. No trips to the Galleria here. Nope. Just the good ol' Dollar General to keep the fires of this domestic goddess burning bright.

Behold:






4 comments:

AndyandLex said...

Complete summer perfection caused by uter fiscal responsibility. Dollar General Queen you are!

Yes, most pales in comparison to the Galleria (I was there at Christmas and realized my propensity to lust for overly expensive store-window merchandise, esp. the Restoration Hardware variety) but it was a wonderful shopping trip none the less. Go visit your faux friends and stop by there soon...it won't be regretted!

mallory said...

"I've never been more in the mood for a blast to the face."

priceless...

dollar general brings out the best blogger in you.

Heather and Scott said...

Love the video! We went to the waterpark today with Nana and Poppa...Gracie needs to come down and join us in the fun!!! Love you guys!

Polska Photogirl said...

That is a precious video! I love the "cheese!" *jumps in pool* "cheese!*

hehe - so cute.