After I dropped Oscar I headed home, fed my family dinner, ran the vacuum, lit the candles, and voila! Dern, I wish I had a fresh sprig of mint for my dessert. I may not have had mint, but MYRA my 70 something neighbor did. Perfection! So the couple, whom I had yet to officially meet, is sitting outside in their car waiting for the clock to turn 8:00, when they were slated to come, see ME scaling a giant hill into my neighbors yard. Thievery!!!
Imagine it: giant white bowl with dark chocolate sauce drizzled artistically on it, whipping creme, freshly picked spring of mint, flawless fresh raspberries, and creamy cool all natural Breyers vanilla bean icecream. It was divine!
This is my anniversary month, ya'll. How special that the Lord would appoint Portico's first official "couple" to go through pre-marital counseling with us this month. My heart is stirred to think of all that has happened in us these past years. I met Mark when I was 18. At 26 I am just a babe, but wiser than I was. Life is such a ride, isn't it? I never would have dreamed up all that God has done- all that He has not done. I wonder tonight what the future holds for this young couple. Will they break dishes the first year? Will they have a dynamic flourishing ministry? Will they get pregnant right away? Will they wait? Will they find a new job? House? Will they cry or laugh more? God certainly knows. For whatever reason, He has chosen Mark and I to play a part in their story. I have never been more excited and humbled.

4 comments:
what a sweet story! Beau & I did our pre-marital counseling with Jen & Chris and it was awesome. You all have an amazing opportunity in this couples' lives!
What an honor, and what a wonderful couple to be given such an honor. I know they will learn much from you.
One key thing we learned in our pre-m counseling that to this day I use every time I propose a toast at a wedding is this: We are not meant to ever complete one another. The Lord alone will accomplish that on the day of Glory. But we are hand-chosen to compliment one another, thus making our mate a far stronger soldier for the Kingdom of God.
Amen!
This post was so sweet! I love it. You guys will be great at pre-marital counseling.
J- are you doing the new Beth Moore (Kelly Minter) study this summer that starts Tuesday? If so, would you like to form a group via blog or email to do it together? Let me know. I'm looking for a few other fabulous girls who'd like to do it as well.
Post a Comment