She says to me, "All my friends criticize me for how much I spend here. I tell them, you can either spend money on the doctor or on food, which would you rather? I used to be really fat. I had diabetes. My blood sugar was almost 200, and now it is down to the 70s thanks to shopping here. No amount of high fructose corn syrup is worth it anymore."
The clerk replies, "Yeah. I can totally relate. I switched from burbon to vodka." (What?)
You would be amazed at the convos I get into at Whole Foods and the amount of free products I manage to get as a result.

My dear friend Sarah first frightened me into Horizon Organic. She told me horror stories about engorged, blocked duct, bleeding, pussing nipples, and hormone ladden milk. She gave me websites to scour, and scary statistics. Her advice is credible, and I was scared, so I now go Organic. My conscious convicts me.
1 Corinthians 10:31
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

3 comments:
Dear J - so glad to see your new "serious" isn't too too serious. I would miss the funny commentary and convicting posts. Haven't switched to organic, def because of the price, but quite possibly I should look into this more...
Although we have not been graced by the presence of a Whole Foods in Virginia Beach (tear), I do happen to know that one of its nicknames is "Whole Paycheck" which I find quite amusing. I do think that we are supposed to take care of our bodies and even if we can't afford to go totally organic and green, you can take small steps to do that, like buying organic milk and organic produce. Every little bit helps! By the way, is that you or Marta lunging into the organic milk shelves at Whole Paycheck? It looks like it is being done with such zeal!
Is that you?? In a t-shirt?? In public?? I never even see you like this and I'm your siesta! I can't believe it.
Whole Foods = Whole Paycheck indeed, although there are some really good bargains, like the .99 organic mac and cheese, right Jaime? Nevertheless, I'm still suckered into purchasing the organic goodies and toting them out in my recycled bags brought from home. Green is so the new black.
Post a Comment