Monday, October 4, 2010

and so...

We have been busy...



Celebrating Grandpa's birthday in April.



Celebrating my little brother's college graduation and a week at the beach with family.




Celebrating Memorial Day in Washington.



Celebrating the launch of our new church Portico Arlington at a new location.




Completing puzzles.




Climbing the rocks at Great Falls.



Checking out the animals at Frying Pan Park.





Toasting marshmallows in our chimanea.



Dressing up as a tree frog for the Rainforest themed VBS.




Finding shade during the dog days of summer. Yes. That is a rat.



Destroying the house.




Escaping to the mountains for a weekend with my dear friends and all our kids.





Starting kindergarten.

Is it really October 4th??!! What on earth? A thousand other things transpired this summer for which I do not have photographic evidence of. Take me at my word. Our schedule has been mighty full. Grace and John ensure that by prime 8pm blogging time, my brain is usually sufficiently burnt-out. There have been days when I've come up with a title, gotten one sentence in and realized that I am just too tired to say anything funny, profound, or even boringly informative. I realize this post leans heavily on the latter category. Life continues to cooperate in extreme realms. Mundane tasks and massively important ministry, with the ministry many times necessitating mundane tasks. Like making sure you wash your dark clothes on cold and hang them to dry because for one, you are too fat to afford shrinkage, and two, you are too poor to buy new, and three, your husband needs a shirt washed to preach in for the morning where someone's soul just might be changed forever (by the Holy Spirit ONLY of course). See what I mean?

I hope ya'll will come back. I have a renewed vision for the blog that just might include posting. I'm sure by now I've lost all my 5 readers. If you are out there, why don't you help me out. WHAT SHOULD I BLOG ABOUT? I'm opening the blog up for questions. ASK ME SOMETHING and I'll do my best to reply. I primarily prefer spiritual and cosmetic genres.

4 comments:

Jen Stokes said...

I'm just glad I'm not the only one! At least you have photographic evidence. Believe it or not, I don't! Okay, topics based on your genres:
1. What are the amazing happenings of Portico Arlington?
2. How does one hide the roots when the roots are beyond hiding? Seriously, it's out of control here!

Megan said...

Sister, I am proud of you. You do a ton. Blogowise, I could always use cosmetic advise. Share your product favs. Show the many shades of your bathroom walls. Give us some direction on what bible study to do next. Everyone loves a good recommendation.

Christine Hoover said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. It's good to hear from you and know that you guys are doing well up in NoVa. My husband now works at Openspace so he sees the Portico guys everyday. What a blessing Portico has been for us!

rachellechaseblog said...

just stumbled across your blog. have enjoyed reading~ :)