Sunday, March 8, 2009

i still drink

Grace accidentally knocked a mug of java over and into the keyboard of my macbook. PAINFUL. She is still alive, and was not injured. We have been giving praise to the the Lord for USAA and our homeowners insurance. The claim is still processing, but we are hoping to be able to replace it asap. It has been so lovely to be unplugged all week. I haven't missed the computer that much, honestly. I'm glad to know I do not have a stronghold to demolish. I recently read an article on blog/internet addiction. It is now classified as a legitmate addiction. Not surprised.

How ridiculous is this. I went off to college sans computer. I don't remember it being that strange. Not everyone had a personal computer then, right? I would trek it to the Miami U computer labs to write papers. By my second year I scored a behemoth desktop pc thanks to the conclusion of Gary Bauer for President 2000. Mom managed to finagle it for me. My sister actually graduated from Miami without ever having a computer the same year. Crazy.

So, yes, I still drink coffee near electronics. I'll continue to take my chances.

The snail's name is Toni/Tony. When we asked Grace what the snails name was she said Toni. Hysterical. Liz informs me that snails are hermaphrodites and so the name is fitting. What kind of person knows that?? Toni continues to provide our easily amused family with much entertainment. Clearly, now it's clear why I haven't missed my mac all that much.




P.S. PLEASE PRAY FOR THE WOMEN'S EVENT!!! I WILL BE PREPARING CONTINUALLY!!!

1 comment:

Hotlanta Hausfrau said...

Male or female ?
FYI:
The snail is both male and female. Therefore, it can produce sperms and eggs at the same time ! Isn't that incredible ? However, to fertilize the eggs, the snails need to exchange sperms with each other. An animal which is both a male and a female is called a hermaphrodite. The brown garden snail lays about 80 spherical shaped white or yellowish colored eggs at a time into the topsoil of the ground. It can lay eggs up to six times a year. Snails take about 2 years to become adults.