You know it's lame when you call someone, unannounced, and ask to use their bathroom. You just might lack class. I conviently left that part out of our Sunday adventure. After the workout, we wanted to drive by a neighborhood where I used to occasionally work model homes, so that we could see the progress there. WELL, our sweet friends, The Dickersons happen to live in that neighborhood. Suddenly Grace announced that she needed to go potty. If your three and a half, and say you need to go potty, then you gotta go now. Needless to say, we crashed the Dickerson's dinner party and lingered longer than is customary for a potty break. BTW- Their house looks INCREDIBLE. We will be having a shower there soon for Mallory and I just can't wait! It is going to be such a beautiful location! Before leaving, we got a tour of Beau's "man room" which you can read more about here. SO, there you have it.
Sunday was such a glorious day here in Cville. After a lovely morning of worship, Grace and I went home to let Schotzie out, grab a bite to eat and change clothes. We met up with Mark later in the day and headed to Carter Mountain for a hayride and pumpkins. This location is less than 10 minutes from our new church building. I love that in under ten minutes you could be in the heart of downtown, or a vineyard, orchard, you name it. Such a cool town, ya'll!
After a hayride and the purchase of overly priced pumpkins we headed to the gym for some cardio. Gracie loves the childcare at our new gym and she had a fun hour playing while mommy and daddy "get skinny" (that's what we tell her). After the gym we stopped by the grocery store for steak, sea scallops, redskin potatoes and fresh pencil thin asparagus (i love the thin ones). After Gracie had her bath, story and lights out, Mark and I grilled our dinner, feasted, then went to bed early.
Pretty nice, hugh? I'm thankful for little respites in the midst of what seems like a whirlwind ministry life.
Here we are.

The Campbell Crazies

The gorgeous view

The look on my face when Mark snaps random pictures when I'm highly focused on pumpkins.

4 comments:
Why doesn't this post mention your stop at the Dickersons? That was my favorite part of the Campbell Crazies adventure afternoon. It's nice that you just popped in because you were in the neighborhood. :-)
I love the update! :-)
So funny! I'm sure the Dickersons didn't mind opening their lovely home. What a fun Cville day you had, worship at portico, apple picking, acac and a whole foods supper...what could be better?
i meant pumpkins not apples!
Post a Comment